We help families give their children the best start in life.
Are you a family in need of support?
Home-Start Carmarthenshire may be able to help you by offering you a volunteer if you:
- live in the Carmarthenshire area.
- have one or more children under the age of 14
- are in need of a little extra help
There are many reasons why you may need us. Perhaps you are:
- feeling isolated, maybe with no family nearby and struggling to make friends
- suffering with post-natal depression and maybe finding it hard to talk to anyone about it
- finding it difficult coping with your child’s illness or disability
- being affected by the death of a family member
- struggling with the emotional and practical demands of twins, triplets or children under 14
- finding it hard to cope with relationship difficulties
- feeling exhausted or depressed
- coping with your own illness or disability
A carefully selected and prepared volunteer, who has parenting experience can visit you regularly for 2-3 hours a week in your own home. Our volunteers are there to offer emotional and practical support. Our support is confidential, flexible and responsive to your needs and can include:
- being a listening ear or someone to talk to
- adult company
- helping and playing with your children
- help to find out about and access other local amenities and services
- encouragement and motivation
- practical help
If you are a parent looking for support, please phone us on 01554 770808 / 01269 593853 or visit our Contact Page to ask for a referral form. The form is simple; you can complete it yourself but please phone or call into our office if you need help with this or ask someone else such as your GP or health visitor to do it for you. The information you provide will help us ensure that the support you receive is appropriate and effective.
Once we receive your completed referral form we will contact you and arrange to visit to discuss what issues your family is having to deal with, what support is needed and how we may be able to help you. Home-Start Carmarthenshire is an independent and confidential volunteer service – we only support you at your request.
Are you a professional wanting to refer a family?
If you are a health visitor, doctor or any other professional working with families and you feel someone would benefit from our service, you can make a referral on their behalf, with their consent.
Please call us on the numbers below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the family situation. If a referral is thought to be suitable we will send you a referral form to complete and return or alternatively you can download our referral form by clicking on the link below:
Llanelli Office 01554 770808
Ammanford Office 01269 598353
Carmarthen Office 01267 246562
Family support is governed by the availability and suitability of volunteers. We will always give you guidance as to the current situation regarding volunteer availability.